Saturday, July 6, 2013

Flip Flop Product Swap Linky!

Hi guys!
So there's a fun new linky party in town and I decided to join!
It's being hosted by Confessions of a Teaching Junkie! Click the pic above to check out her blog and thank her for hosting this linky!
 
So this linky is super fun because you get to find somebody to partner up with and swap products!
 
For this very first product swap for this linky, I teamed up with Farrah Shipley over at Mrs. Shipley's Fabulous Firsties! She is such a sweetie! When you're done reading this post, be sure and head on over to her blog to show her some love and to see which of my products she chose to swap for! :)
 
So, I spent some time going through Farrah's TpT store and there were several awesome looking products I wanted to try out! I ultimately decided to give this one a try...
 
Click the picture to check this out in Farrah's Store!
I chose this one because 1. I love anything that's brightly colored with rainbows and 2. because the key phrase "multi-step word problems" jumped out at me! What child doesn't need more exposure to this?!?
 
Now, this is a Scoot game which is really fun and the kids always love it. Basically you print and laminate the individual cards and then lay a card on each child's desk. The students then go through rounds, moving around the room, solving all of the problems (hopefully correctly!).
 
Farrah's pack provides you with 26 individual cards... all with different multi-step problems. There is also a blank 27th and 28th card so that you can create your own if you wish to do so!
I love that the cards are very bright and fun looking. This will make it more exciting for the kiddos! The font is a nice size as well, making it readable for all students.
 
One of the things I love most about this product is that students WILL have to THINK to solve these problems! These are not just basic one-step math problems where the answer is right there. They will have to dig deeper and use those higher order thinking skills to determine what steps need to be taken and then to actually solve the problem using those steps. Take a look at these 2 problems below for example. You'll notice the nice, clean look of each card, and that is has the card number nice and big in the upper left corner so that students know exactly which problem they are working on. I have placed the word "Preview" over the pictures in order to protect Farrah's hard work! That will not be on the cards in the product! :)
Farrah has also provided the students with a nice recording sheet for them to use while playing the game. Get the kiddos a clipboard and a pencil, and they're ready to "Scoot" right along! :)
I can't wait to go back to school and use this with the kiddos! I know they are going to enjoy it!
 
Be on the lookout for a NEW post about this game once school is back in session to see how it went with the kids and to see it "in action"!
 
Thank you so much for reading my post today! Now it's time to head over to Farrah's blog!
Just click the button below!
 
Thanks for stopping by friends!






Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. teachingpoweredbycaffeine.blogspot.com
    Love your blog! It's adorable! Christi designed my blogsite too, so I can appreciate the cuteness. I also love that Glitter Meets Glue site. Could buy up all those designs. Look forward to catching your latest posts. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali!

      Thanks so much! Christi certainly does a fabulous job! I love Glitter Meets Glue too! Kind of an obsession LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi I'm your newest follower! Your blog name is so cute! I wish I would have thought of something so cute! I love it! Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kirsten!

      Thanks so much! You are too sweet! :) Thanks for following!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kirsten! I happened upon your blog this evening, and I see that Christi designed your blog, too! You'll have to stop over to my blog sometime and see what she did on mine! I've signed on as a Google+ follower as well!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete