It's that time again! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching once again for the Five For Friday Linky!
This week I thought I would mix up my 5 things with some personal and some school related stuff! Here we go:
1. The hubby and I were able to take our daughter to the movie theatre this week to see "The Croods"! It was her very first movie theatre experience and she did awesome! She has been talking about it alllllll week! (We may have created a movie-going monster!)
|Arielle and I eating at Bubba Gump's before the movie!|
|Arielle posing with her "doggie" in front of the movie poster! :)|
2. I recently received a few iPads to utilize in my classroom and we finally got to try them out this week! I put the students on Scholastic's "Sushi Monster" app and they loved it! If you haven't tried out that app, it's awesome for addition practice! A monster pops up in the middle with a number on his neck... students then have to choose the sushi plates to ADD UP to that number in order to feed him! If they get it right, he gobbles up the sushi... if it's wrong, he throws the plates back onto the serving line LOL! What fun! :)
3. During math centers this week, we were working through my "Down in the Deep Blue Sea" centers which are Battleship/fish themed! (A big hit with the boys) The centers focus on several different Common Core standards and the kids really seem to enjoy them! Check them out:
Click the picture to check them out on TpT!
4. I've been working super hard this week on my new phonics game! My goal is to have it posted this weekend! Here's a preview:
5. I am participating in my very first product swap hosted by Mrs. Stanford! I swapped with super sweet Faith from Kindergarten Faith and I'm so excited to share the AWESOME resource I tried out with my class! Be sure to come back at 7 PM Eastern tomorrow (Saturday) to check out the awesome-y goodness!
Click on the picture to head over to Faith's blog! :)
I look forward to "seeing" you guys tomorrow! :)